Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How does the wireshark identify the corresponding protocol a

From: "Yuming fang" <fangyuming.leo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:39:43 +0800
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I read this document. But there is little about the source code of libpcap and wireshark. Where could I find the materials about the source code of wireshark?(there is little material about source code of wireshark on the official Website.)

Best wishes,
Yuming

2008/12/22 Jaap Keuter jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx
Hi,

You could start by reading part II of the developer guide
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/PartDevelopment.html
even though that is not complete. It does however touch on the questions you ask.

Thanx,
Jaap