Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] FAQ still causing trouble (make rpm-package)

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:32:12 +0100
Hello,

the file FAQ still causes trouble, this time with "make rpm-package". The
problem only occurs when you start with a clean tree. The problem comes
from the fact that the file help/faq.txt is required to generate the file,
but that file isn't present at that time, because the rule to generate it
is in a subdirectory. I've fixed that dependency in commit 27080 but I'd
like to propose a cleaner fix: Currently we have two files of identical
content, FAQ and help/faq.txt (and it was probably me who introduced that).
IMO we should get rid of one of the two copies and generate the remaining
file in the place where it is placed. Does anyone mind if we get rid of
the toplevel FAQ file and keep the help/faq.txt file? We can always add
FAQ back via the packaging tools (rpm specfile, nsis, etc). Opinions?

ciao
    Joerg