Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] hello, and a question about making a layer 2 dissector

From: "Brett L. Trotter" <brett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:48:24 -0600
I'm new to dealing with wireshark code, and new to the list, so hello
and forgive me in advance if this question has already been answered.

I've googled around and looked at tutorials for creating dissectors, but
couldn't find much in the way of detailed examples for creating a layer
2 dissector. I'd like to try and make one for another open source
project and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right
direction for how to get started or where to look?

Thank you in advance.