Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.0.5 is now available

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:53:58 -0800
Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Gerald Combs schrieb:
>>
>> I'm proud to announce the release of Wireshark 1.0.5.
>>

> Hi Gerald!
>
> Good news :-)
>
> Any ideas, when you want to make the current dev 1.1.x the new release
> branch (aka 1.2.0)? Probably next Sharkfest?

June is so very far away and there are a ton of cool new features in the trunk.
Do we really have to wait that long? :)

If I copy /trunk to /trunk-1.2 around March or April, that should give us time
to make one or two testing releases followed by 1.2.0 in time for Sharkfest. We
would then have to stabilize the following by June:

  - Native OS X support (which depends on Imendio)
  - GeoIP support (a Windows DLL needs to be located or created)
  - Any other features we add between now and next spring

Does this sound reasonable?

--
Join us for Sharkfest’09  |  Stanford University, June 15 – 18
http://www.cacetech.com/sharkfest.09/

EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS through JANUARY 31, 2009