Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Lua dissector can't create new Tvbs

From: "Becker, Matthew J." <matthew.becker@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:45:39 -0600
Title: Lua dissector can't create new Tvbs

In working with Lua custom dissectors, if I pass the current dissector's 'buffer' variable to another dissector that I am calling for a specific subrange of the data, the 'buffer' variable is destroyed when the second dissector finishes and is no longer available to the first dissector.

To work around this I wanted to create a new Tvb (using a range from the original Tvb buffer) to pass to the second dissector.  The Tvb calls 'new_real' and 'tvb' don't seem to be recognized though.  Are these calls supposed to be available or is there some other reason they can't be called using Lua?

Thanks,
Matt