Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Menu development

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 01:25:39 -0800

On Nov 30, 2008, at 12:42 PM, shaan ahmed wrote:

I am doing my final year project based on wireshark. I am having problems placing menus in the program. I have tried changing it from file: menu.c. However they do not show up. I dont have an advanced knowledge in programming so I would like some help on this matter.

I am trying to implement a MPEG 2 TS analyzer as a plug-in.

(I assume your analyzer is something that, for example, does statistical analysis of MPEG-2 TS streams; Wireshark already has a dissector for MPEG-2 TS streams, but I don't think it has any code that does statistical analysis on those streams.)

If your analyzer is a plugin, then you shouldn't have to modify menu.c; you should be able to call register_stat_menu_item() in your plugin's register routine and add a new menu item for your plugin.