Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Build Error

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:47:25 +0000
Stephen Fisher wrote:
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 06:08:47PM -0800, Ru wrote:

HI my wireshark build on windown fails.. with following link error .

dissectors.lib(packet-ncp-sss.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol _ett_nds

I just had the same or a similar error a few minutes ago.  I had Python
installed incorrectly (or not at all?), so the last time it tried to
build the dissector table with the shell instead of Python.  I installed
Python and still had that problem.  I figured it was just my local build
messed up, so I deleted it and checked it out again and built without
problems.  Is it feasible for you to wipe out your wireshark directory
and rebuild from SVN?  If not, let us know and someone else may have an
idea.

Steve