Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark on windows build error

From: Ru <eruwini@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 04:40:03 -0800
yes i did. cl and link is set properly .
why not  nmake? any idea?

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:29 AM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ru wrote:
Hi ,
 I am buiding wireshark source code on windows xp pro.
nmake   in verify tools is different to which is given in developer guide...
my output is as follows. why nmake doesn't show the correct visual studio path ? how to solve it?

Checking for required applications:
        cl: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/BIN/cl
        link: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/BIN/link
        nmake: nmake
        bash: /usr/bin/bash
        bison: /usr/bin/bison
        flex: /usr/bin/flex
        env: /usr/bin/env
        grep: /usr/bin/grep
        /usr/bin/find: /usr/bin/find
        perl: /usr/bin/perl
        C:\Python26\python.exe: /cygdrive/c/Python26/python.exe
        sed: /usr/bin/sed
        unzip: /usr/bin/unzip
        wget: /usr/bin/wget
C:\Wireshark>
Did you call vcvars.bat in your cmd prompt before running verify tools?  That sets the path for the MS toolchain.  See section 2.2.6 of the Developers Guide.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice