Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-users] Decode As dialog doesn't offer SMB

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 00:57:59 -0500
Bill Meier wrote:
John Walsh has asked how to configure Wireshark to treat traffic on port
1445 the same as traffic on port 445 (For example: "CIFS" aka SMB over TCP).
(see http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200811/msg00167.html)

I've replied that this is currently not possible.

Comments ??

Never mind ....     :)

I was wrong. Using NBSS as the "decode as" does work .... (as Ronnie noted in his reply to John Walsh).

Bill