Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ett_nds

From: "CHRIS AKERS" <chris.j.akers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:59:31 +0000
Hello,

I had earlier problems compiling so have refreshed my box with Visual
Studio 2008 Team Studio (inc SDK).

I've also completely refreshed the source from SVN (deleted local first).

verify_tools, setup and distclean all run with no problems but when I
run a 'make all' I'm now getting:

'Creating library libwireshark.lib and object libwireshark.exp
dissectors.lib(packet-ncp-sss.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol _ett_nds'

The 'err_nds' symbol used in packet-ncp-sss.c does not seem to be
defined anywhere apart from in a file called 'packet-ncp.c.save' which
appears in \wireshark\epan\dissectors each time I try to build.  It
looks like the build process is creating this file - the distclean
deletes them each time it's run - but I'm unsure how this works.

Again, I have tried the usual methods to search for an answer but
can't find anything - nothing in SVN log that suggests this has
changed recently.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

* Visual Studio 2008 with Visual Studio 2008 SDK
* Windows XP Professional

Many Thanks,

Chris.