Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Ericsson SCAP Diameter

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:17:52 +0100
Hello All,

I am currently deploying/integrating a system which interfaces with
Ericsson charging systems using Diameter SCAP. During the integration,
I found that Wireshark is not able to decode some SCAP AVPs and was
able to modify the Wireshark Diameter Ericsson dictionary to decode
all the SCAP AVPs.

I would like to find out if there are any reasons (technical or legal)
which would prevent us from including this updated dictionary into the
standard distribution. I noticed that some of the command codes
overlap with other dictionaries, but I think the application_id's are
different. I also noticed a comment somewhere that the dissector
currently doesn't/can't distinguish between command codes based on
application id. I don't know if this is still the case.

If there are no issues, then I'll submit a patch for the updated dictionary.

Thanks,
Abhik.