Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Generic Dissector

From: wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:54:41 +0100
Thanks for the answer.

To be honest, I did NOT know the LUA dissector !

The LUA example given into the wireshark documentation seems effectively a little bit complicated
compared to a simple descritpion.
So I will not make a better answer.

Olivier

Guy Harris a �crit :
On Nov 12, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Jaap Keuter wrote:

How does this compare to LUA?

1) it works even if Wireshark isn't built with Lua

2) more importantly, it's a *descriptive* language, not an *imperative* language - you don't write code to dissect the packet, you write a description of what the packets look like, so presumably it's easier to write and harder to get wrong.