Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Idea for Very powerful VOIP over WLAN Quality rtcp measureme

From: David Young <dyoung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:23:42 -0600
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 04:50:02PM +0100, Peter Klein wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an idea that I can make the proof of concept for but do not have
> the skills to follow through to something usefuls for others.

Peter,

What you have described a WiFi visualizer worked on by some
illinois.edu students who I mentored several years ago.  They called
their visualizer Argos.  They did not produce much useful code,
but they wrote a nice report. :-) I listed the visualizer
as a NetBSD project idea for the Google Summer of Code 2008,
<http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/soc-projects.html#wifi_viz>.  No student
picked it up.

Also, have a look at Jigsaw.  Last time I looked, the visualization
component was not very strong, but it produces the global WLAN
measurements that one needs in order to diagnose non-trivial performance
problems.

Let me know if I can be any help in your project.

Dave

dyoung@xxxxxxxxxxx      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24