Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] custom plugin dll - can it be dropped into another WS instal

From: wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 21:17:39 +0100
It works for me.
dissector with C++ inside,
production : wireshark 1.0.3, Vista, Visual C++ 2005 EE
works on :
- 1.0.3 own build installation (Vista and XP)
- 1.0.3  standard installation (XP)
- 0.99.5 standard installation (XP)

I have no idea of your problems, sorry.

Have you ty to remove eveything (except register and handoff) inside you dissector
to see if the same thing happens ?

Olivier.

CHRIS AKERS a �crit :
I'm unsure of anyone else's experience but this has never worked for
me - and I have also got the same C++ error boxes during the dissector
could just drop the dll in, but I have resigned to the fact that I
have to deliver a custom build to users if I want them to be able to
use my plugins.  Ideally (and keeping in with the spirit of
open-source) you should check in your new dissector to the Wireshark
SVN repository and get it included in the next build so your users can
just download an official version, but I can understand (as I'm in
that situation) that your firm may not want details of their
proprietry protocol's made available in open source.

On a side note, the only thing I don't like about it is the words
'Development Build' stamped on the UI graphics - but you tend to find
that once users have seen how useful it can be they forget about it :)

If anyone knows a way around this, though, I'd also be very grateful
for the advice!

Thanks,
Chris