Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] About Wireshark Dissector development environment

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 15:59:26 -0500
Sean wrote:
2) Microsoft Visual Studio: Which version is better? 2005 or 2008 or 2003?
I'm working under Windows XP Professional SP2, is it OK for wireshark dissector development?

Use VS2008; that's what is currently used for the Wireshark Windows build.

AFAIK VS2008 should work AOK on Windows XP ald Windows XP is certainly OK for Wireshark development.