Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Anyone using the rpcap support?

From: "Stig Bjørlykke" <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:16:44 +0100
Ok.  I have made some improvements to Wireshark regarding RPCAP
support.  I have also managed to build a customized libpcap-1.0 with
the remote support from winpcap, which works on OSX, Solaris and Linux
(I still have some problems when closing the connection, but remote
capturing works).

But I don't know where to go from here.  I can see this solutions:

1. Ask the libpcap developers to add the remote support from winpcap.
   Paul has asked on the libpcap bugtracker, without any replies:
   http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2058894&group_id=53067&atid=469577

or

2. Include the remote support in Wireshark when building on non-win32.
   This is not optimal, but works as a backup when missing support in libpcap.

Gerald: Is it CACE who is working on WinPcap?

--
Stig Bjørlykke