Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Dissector issue

From: Sean <yunjnz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:41:13 -0800 (PST)
Greetings,

I'm new for Wireshark,
I'd like to implement a wireshark dissector for a selfdefined protocol,
there is an issue:
the packet data can't be decoded by the packet data itself,
so does there any methods for passing some options/chooses to Wireshark for additional information of decoding the packet data?

As an example, the data packet can be decoded as different structures depending on the data packet type,
and I don't want to modify the packet data itself,
does anyone have any information on how to implement this feature?

Your help is highly appreciated.