Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] MSVC2008EE or 2005EE

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 09:41:14 -0500
Michael A. McCartney wrote:
I recently switched to MSVC2008EE because latest
Wireshark source builds but fails to run with
"application error" with MSCV6.  MSVC200EE
builds and runs fine for me on WinXP.

For the record:

When building with VC6, the "application error" is a result of the fact that the current Lua DLL depends upn MSVCR90.dll.

One work-around is to build Windows VC6 Wireshark w/o Lua support by commenting out the Lua line in config.nmake.

That being said: I'm not sure what the deal is with Lua requiring MSVCR90; I expect someone with more knowledge will be able to answer that.