Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Anyone using the rpcap support?

From: "Stig Bjørlykke" <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:55:09 +0100
Hi.

I have just tried the rpcap support in the Windows version of Wireshark.
First of all I think this is a great feature, but I have a few
questions about the options in the "Capture Options" window.

- Does the new "Do not capture RPCAP own traffic" and "Use UDP for
RPCAP data transfer" belong in the "Remote Interface" dialog and not
in the main window?

- What do I use the "Sampling Options" for?  And can they be moved to
the "Remote Interface" dialog as well?

I think we should keep the "Capture Options" window as clean as possible.

And I think we have some bugs here:

- When having only local interfaces, do we really need the "rpcap://"
before the interface name?
- When selecting "Local" after having captured on "Remote" interfaces
the list is not updated to the local interfaces.

And I would really like this feature for other than windows :)

--
Stig Bjørlykke