Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] GeoIP support added

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:05:25 -0700
26577 might be a better revision to get. Stig fixed a couple of bugs. In order
for the databases to load, you need to do the following:

  - Compile Wireshark with GeoIP (Windows isn't supported just yet).
  - Make sure you have at least one GeoIP database on your system.
    Debian/Ubuntu's "libgeoip1" package comes with the GeoLite country database,
    but you can download others at
    http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/
  - In Wireshark, go to "Edit->Preferences->Name Resolution", click on "GeoIP
    database search paths", and add the path(s) you your database(s). I'm using
    "/usr/share/GeoIP" and "/home/gerald/.wireshark/GeoIP".
  - Restart Wireshark.