Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] The native MacOS X GTK port is in beta now

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:05:57 -0700

On Oct 26, 2008, at 4:19 PM, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

2008/10/27 Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>:
Yup. Which toolbar(s) should be hidden by that control? All of them?

My personal opinion would be just the Main Toolbar, as I use the
Filter Toolbar all the time.

Of course, if this is a Real Mac OS X application, the filter box should

1) be in the upper-right-hand corner of the window (not counting the title bar);

	2) have rounded ends;

	3) have a spyglass on the left.

I guess one could argue that it also should do a full-text search for the word or phrase typed in it, rather than a filter operation, although given that what you type in that box in Safari (the one with "Google" in it) is an expression....