Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] The native MacOS X GTK port is in beta now

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:19:08 -0700

On Oct 26, 2008, at 1:14 PM, Stephen Fisher wrote:

The change also adds a call to ige_mac_menu_set_menu_bar() to
syncrhonize the OS X menu bar with the Gtk one, leaving the Gtk one in
the Wireshark window for those who prefer it there.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! :-)

Perhaps make that an option? (Or, perhaps, if the goal is to make it look as much like a native OS X app as possible, get rid of it, as the menu bar in native OS X apps is on the top of the screen, and as native OS X apps should Do The Right Thing by default, without a Do The Wrong Thing option unless it's Really Needed.)