Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] runtime error using plugin withprefs_register_enum_preferenc

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:40:41 -0400
david.castleford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

	/*prefs_register_enum_preference(ismacryp_module, "ismacryp.encoding",
					       "ismacryp version",
					       "ismacryp version",
					       &version_type, version_types, FALSE);
	*/

The specific problem is that the preference name ("ismacrypt.encoding") cannot contain the protocol name (see doc/README.developer).

After changing the name to "encoding", things were OK.