Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] runtime error using plugin with prefs_register_enum_preferen

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:11:11 -0700

On Oct 22, 2008, at 9:13 AM, Jaap Keuter wrote:

You can't have a space or caps in the preference name.

Preference value name, to be precise, in this case:

	/*
	 * Register a preference with an enumerated value.
	 */
	typedef struct {
		const char	*name;
		const char	*description;
		gint		value;
	} enum_val_t;

"name" is what's stored in the preferences file as the value; it should have neither capital letters nor spaces in it, e.g. "ismacrypt_1.1".

"description" is what shows up in the UI; it can have any printable ASCII characters in it.