Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Protocol/Field Authoritative Reference (URL)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:51:05 -0700

On Oct 16, 2008, at 8:17 AM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

There is PROTO_ITEM_SET_URL to mark a protocol item as a URL--which
allows the user to double-click on the item to open the link in a browser.

Whether that should be used for protocol references and other hints from
the developer is another question.

I'd say no - as I understand it, it's for protocol items that are themselves URLs.