Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] No GPL license (and more) in GTK1 wireshark?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:50:26 +0200
Jeff Morriss wrote:

Peter Fuller wrote:
The last time I sent mail, I did not get a copy and ended up spamming the list thinking something was broken.

I've noticed on GTK1-based builds that there are missing tabs under 'About->Wireshark'. The AUTHORS and the LICENSE tab are missing. Also, under the Edit menu heading there is no configuration profiles item. I know support for GTK1 has been basically deprecated, but I thought the wireshark executable was to have the GPLv2 license presented when it was run? The other items I mention only for completeness.

I assume you mean one of the 1.0.x versions since all the GTK1 stuff has been ripped out of the 1.1 version (meaning that there are no GTK1 builds).

My 1.0.2 version (on Solaris) shows the AUTHORS and LICENSE tabs just fine. Are you using Windows or...?

About configuration profiles: my 1.0.2 Solaris build has those, too.

The condition is GTK_MAJOR > 2 or GTK_MINOR > 3. Now fill in the specifics for your platform.

I remember putting in the license tab, based on the authors tab. It already had this conditional, so I simply copied it. Since text_page_new() exists for GTK1 and GTK2 it might even work :) Test before commit I would say.

Thanx,
Jaap