Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ASN.1 spec for kerberos?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:44:51 -0700

On Oct 14, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

The only dissector using the old ber funcions dissect_ber_old_* now is
packet-kerberos.  Does anyone have the ASN.1 spec so we can generate
this dissector?  We should try to delete this functions now.

The core of Kerberos is in RFC 1510; the ASN.1 specifications are scattered throughout sections 5 and 6. The other references in the Kerberos dissector probably have other parts to contribute to the spec.

	http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/usenix98/freenix/heimdal2.ps

says

[The Heimdal developers] have chosen to do the ASN.1 support with the help of a compiler that takes the Kerberos 5 ASN.1 specification, and produces a set of functions to encode, decode, and otherwise manipulate these structures.

and the Heimdal 1.2.1 source appears to have a heimdal-1.2.1/lib/asn1/ k5.asn1 file along with some other .asn1 files.