Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can execute compiled Wireshark/tshark :-(

From: "Anders Broman" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:40:52 +0200
Hi,
I'm no expert on Windows development either but my understanding is that
there is a problem
With the libraries we use and what was used to compile them with regard
to MSVCRxx.DLL and manifests(?)
That's why we compile zlib ourselfs. So even if Wireshark can be
compiled with all VS variants there may
Be problems with the libraries we use. So perhaps we should be stating
that VS2008SP1 (or VS2008EESP1) is required/recommended.
Regards
Anders