Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 26377: /trunk/epan/dissectors//trun

From: "Jim Young" <SYSJHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 15:41:13 -0400
Hello,

>>> Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> 10/08/08 12:55 PM >>>
> Hi,
>
> A clear comment line explaining the hack may help here...
>
> Thanx,
>  Jaap
>
>>Greg Morris wrote:
>> Stig,
>>
>> Well that white space was there on purpose...
>>
>> { 15, "Read Class Definition " },

Years ago I had to deal with a similar issue with a tool
that removed "extraneous" white space from the .c
source files.  I used a hack similar to the following
to work around the issue.

Perhaps the following hack could be used and would
have the benefit of being somewhat self-documenting:

#define DESIRED_SPACE " "

<snip>
   { 15, "Read Class Definition" DESIRED_SPACE },
<snip>

During preprocessor/compilation the two adjacent
strings ("Read Class Definition" and " ") will be
concatenated together into a single string
"Read Class Definition " that will contains the desired
trailing space character.

Just a thought.

Jim Y.