Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error while setting up check-out of code

From: "Peter Johansson" <peterjohansson73@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:02:33 +0200
2008/10/2 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Peter Johansson wrote:
> Reading the registry using regedit I find that:
> ProxyEnable is 1 (as expected since my IE settings indicate to use a proxy).
> ProxyServer is set to the proxy setting made in IE settings.
>
> Are you sure that you are able to read the information correctly from
> the registry?
>
> When I try the lines you sent in the mail I get an error:
> regtool get
> /HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet\
> Settings/ProxyEnable
> Error (2): The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> However, when adding quotation marks to the registry key I get the
> expected result.
> regtool get
> "/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet\
> Settings/ProxyEnable"
> 1

The commands run fine on my system. Did you run them from a Cygwin bash prompt?
win32-setup.sh runs under bash, not cmd.exe. Using spaces-enclosed-in-quotes vs
spaces-preceded-by-backslashes _shouldn't_ make a difference.

Sorry for the delay Gerald, this is what I get if I run the commands from a Cygwin bash prompt:
bash-3.2$ ./regtool get  /HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet\ Settings/ProxyEnable
1
bash-3.2$ ./regtool get /HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet\ Settings/ProxyServer
<the proxy setting from IE settings, that is hostname.domain:proxyport>

Regards, Peter