Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error while setting up check-out of code

From: "Peter Johansson" <peterjohansson73@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:03:32 +0200
2008/10/1 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Peter Johansson wrote:
> I get the very same problem as of recently with a setup that had had no
> problems whatsoever to access the SVN through a proxy before. No changes
> have been made to the installed cygwin components so my guess is that
> some change to the SVN repository has introduced this change in behavior.

Can you run the following commands from a Cygwin command prompt?

regtool get \
 /HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet\ Settings/ProxyEnable

regtool get \
 /HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet\ Settings/ProxyServer

I recently modified tools/win32-setup.sh to try to determine proxy settings
automatically, under the assumption that if IE is using a proxy then we should too.

Reading the registry using regedit I find that:
ProxyEnable is 1 (as expected since my IE settings indicate to use a proxy).
ProxyServer is set to the proxy setting made in IE settings.

Are you sure that you are able to read the information correctly from the registry?

When I try the lines you sent in the mail I get an error:
regtool get /HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet\ Settings/ProxyEnable
Error (2): The system cannot find the file specified.

However, when adding quotation marks to the registry key I get the expected result.
regtool get "/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet\ Settings/ProxyEnable"
1

Regards, Peter