Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error while setting up check-out of code

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:16:05 +1000
Peter Johansson wrote:
> 2008/9/29 Luis EG Ontanon <luis@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:luis@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
>     Try to pass the proxy settings manually.
>     e.g.:
>     > HTTP_PROXY=1.2.3.4:8888 <http://1.2.3.4:8888/>
>     > nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup
>
>     \Lego
>
>     On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Roshan Nair <roshannair@xxxxxx
>     <mailto:roshannair@xxxxxx>> wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I am seeing thiis error while I execute the command "nmake -f
>     Makefile.nmake
>     > setup". The error I get is as below :
>     >
>     > ****** glib_2.18.1-1_win32.zip ******
>     > Using Internet Explorer proxy settings.
>     > HTTP proxy (eng-proxy.net.com:80 <http://eng-proxy.net.com/>) has
>     been specified and will be used.
>     > Downloading gtk2.14/glib_2.18.1-1_win32.zip into C:\WIRESH~1,
>     installing
>     > into glib
>     > --2008-09-29 18:55:20--
>     > http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark-win32-libs/tags/2008-09-25
>     > /packages//gtk2.14/glib_2.18.1-1_win32.zip
>     > Resolving anonsvn.wireshark.org... 67.228.110.124
>     <http://67.228.110.124/>
>     > Connecting to anonsvn.wireshark.org
>     <http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/>|67.228.110.124
>     <http://67.228.110.124/>|:80... failed: Connection
>     > timed out.
>     > Retrying.
>     >
>     > What could be the problem ?

> I get the very same problem as of recently with a setup that had had no
> problems whatsoever to access the SVN through a proxy before. No changes
> have been made to the installed cygwin components so my guess is that
> some change to the SVN repository has introduced this change in behavior.

I've also had problems with proxies (possibly transparent so you don't
even know they are there) that don't support all the options subversion
requires. Quote from http://live.gnome.org/SubversionFAQ:

"... you are behind a proxy server which is blocking svn http
extensions. Ask your network administrator to allow svn extensions in
the proxy server. In squid, it's enough to add this line in squid.conf:

extension_methods REPORT MERGE MKACTIVITY CHECKOUT"

In other notes I've also seen references to PROPFIND so ensuring support
for all the WebDAV options is probably the simplest way to go.

                -- Dr. Who