Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] plugin

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:41:02 -0400

david.castleford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Martin,

I've been working on several plugins (proprietary for now) and have used functions not declared in the standard trunk-1.0\epan\libwireshark.def file.

If I declare those functions in libwireshark.def and recompile to get libwireshark.lib and then compile my plugin, everything works. But of course when I "export" my plugin.dll (drop it in as you say) to a release version of wireshark in plugin\1.0.3 folder for example, I get the error in your image as the functions I've used are not declared / available to plugins as not defined in the release libwireshark.def file and hence compiled / executable release version.

Another option: just open a bug asking to have the official Wireshark releases export the functions/symbols you need. I don't think I've seen a case where the Wireshark developers said no to such a request.