Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] USB support

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:52:13 -0700

On Sep 22, 2008, at 11:49 AM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

OK, more resolution on the problem:

I updated the libpcap from cvs, and wireshark from svn today. Rebuilt, installed
libpcap. Rebuilt wireshark.

I added some debug print statements to pcap-usb-linux.c . It is definitely successful in opening the "plain binary interface". It doesn't use the fast mmap
interface.

But my understanding is that I should get the full packets.

What I see from Wireshark on the packet is

No. Time Source Destination Protocol Info
    18 0.001973                                                USB
URB_BULK[Packet size limited during capture]

You might want to ask on tcpdump-workers@xxxxxxxxxxx; Paolo Abeni wrote the Linux USB capture code, and I don't know whether he pays more attention to the Wireshark list or the tcpdump-workers list.