Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to select some bytes inside a packet

From: "BARILLY YANN" <Yann.Barilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:38:08 +0200
Title: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to select some bytes inside a packet

Yes I mean SUA (SIGTRAN for signaling transport), to be more precise RANAP protocol in my case
I have linked a packet in a .pcap file and a screen of what I see (slightly different).

And my question is : in my packet, how can I copy the destination local reference in a string in order to use it afterward ?

Thanks

Yann

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:53:39 -0400
BARILLY YANN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my goal is at least to implement statistics for SIGTRAN as we can find
> for GSM.
>
> I'd like to select the destination local references (dlr), once I have
> found a network failure and apply this sccp.dlr as a filter.
>
> I know how to find a packet that mentions the network failure, and how
> to apply the filter. But I'm not able to select the sccp.dlr out of
> clicking on it... that's not realy powerfull for an automated function!

When you say SIGTRAN do you mean SUA or...?

When you say a network failure, do you mean a COREF (SUA) or...?

A single-packet example capture might help me understand what you mean.