Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RPM build - configure parameters

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:30:59 -0400
Actually, I've been wanting the same thing that Tomas has asked for -
the ability to run configure once then run "make" for testing followed
by "make rpm-package" to finally create an RPM, but have the RPM created
based upon the same configuration options that were originally passed to
configure without having to manually edit the wireshark.spec.in file.

So, I don't know if this "goes against how RPM is intended to be used"
or not, but I wrote a script to handle this, which seems to work well
enough for me.  Maybe others will find it useful too.  I tested it on a
Fedora Core 6 machine.

So, with the new script, the rpm build process becomes:
./autogen.sh
./configure.sh '<parameters>'
make rpm-package

- Chris

self-contained
> in:
>
> 1) the source tarball
> 2) (and) the RPM spec file
>
> so what you're asking actually goes against how RPM is intended to be
> used.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email are confidential
and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you receive this
email in error, please delete it from your system immediately and
notify us either by email, telephone or fax. You should not copy,
forward, or otherwise disclose the content of the email.