Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Vlan.1Q tag captured with PC 1 , but can not be captured by

From: "Kukosa, Tomas" <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:40:47 +0200
Hi,

the problem is porobably than ethernet chip or network driver handles and removes this VLAN tag before it is capured by WinPcap.
It happens e.g. with most of new notebooks with Intel chipset.
It could be usually disabled in LAN driver setting but I do not remember exact name of the parameter.
Try to find anything in your LAN driver settings what looks like VLAN or 802.1Q HW support enabling/disabling.

see http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/VLAN for more details

Tomas