Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Need help in debugging custom plugin on linux

From: "siri m" <svu004@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:36:03 -0700
Hi Jaap/Ronnie,

Yes, I have access to the custom plugin code. I am using totalview to attach to wireshark (trying to follow similar procedure as discussed in http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200808/msg00024.html for XP), however, totalview is unable to find debugging symbols in wireshark that I installed from yum repository.

Should we re-compile wireshark using some debug flag, can you please let me know what the procedure is? The backtrace that I am getting after it core dumps is not showing any code specific to the custom plugin..(However, the custom plugin binary has the debug symbols...):

Jaap, About the second option, to do a (binary) search for the offending packet in a capture -- can you please elaborate on how to achieve this?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions,

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:01 PM, ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you have access to the source code?

If you do not, it may be "difficult".