Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] FAQ Comments

From: Mike Duigou <wireshark@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 13:33:32 -0700
1. The list of capture file formats in Q 1.13 should be moved to Q 1.12 since it's about capture file formats.

2. The most common question asked on the IRC channel <irc:irc.freenode.net/#wireshark> is "How can I use Wireshark to monitor traffic on my network?" The answer we have being giving is for people to use EtherApe <http://etherape.sourceforge.net/> or ntop <http://www.ntop.org/> instead of Wireshark since they are more oriented for monitoring.

3. The second most common question on IRC is "How can I see the IM messages sent by other people on my network?".... :-)

mike