Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dissector_add: Multiple registrations to same TCP/UDP ports;

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:36:02 -0400

Bill Meier wrote:
After adding a little validation code to dissector_add I've found that there are currently at least two cases where multiple dissectors are registered to the same non-zero tcp or udp port:
=====
udp.port: dsctr: cpfi;     key  5000 already registered to: airopeek
udp.port: ddctr: tapa;     key  5000 already registered to: cpfi

result:
   cpfi & airopeak registrations lost (as well as a little memory leak)

=====
tcp.port: dsctr: tcpencap; key 10000 already registered to: ndmp

result:
   ndmp registration lost ....

Q1: Can anyone suggest the appropriate resolution of these conflicts ?

Does that (the registration loss + memory leak) still happen if the dissectors are "new style"? I would think that converting them to "new style" dissectors "should" be the answer but I didn't look into it.