Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] MAPI's playload

From: "Na Peng"<pengna.vip@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:13:27 +0800
Title: Mail
Hi all!

   I am doing research on MAPI at present,thanks for wireshark,it gives me
much help to analyze the ExchangeRpc packet,but I have a big problem now,
I believe that some of you are very familiar with MAPI, so please help me!

    In my work, I must rebuild a quest type packet to get the mail packets
in advance,with the help of wireshark,I know how to construct the packet in
Outlook 2002's account,W ireshark gives some useful information,
I know the decryption of MAPI is hard,but I can copy some bytes
form the last response packet!

   My problem is  with Outlook2003 's communication,the structure of playload
looks different, ,eg. In Outlook2002 's stub data ,
the Maxcount section is "ff 7f 00 00",it means 32767,but in Outlook2002,
the same position is "04 00 00 00",I don't know what it is ,
and the length of stub data is longer, it has so much unknown bytes!! what's the difference
of these two structure?

    Any help will be appreciated!
    Regards.....
                                                           Na