Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Build failure on Linux (GCC 3.4.6)

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 17:37:43 +0100

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Aug 4, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Martin Mathieson wrote:

> ukeng7 martinm main : cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 4
> model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz

No more registers than the Ubuntu buildbot, and possibly fewer if
that's not an EM64T^WIntel64-capable Pentium 4 (or if it is but you're
not building it 64-bit).  It might be that the older compiler's
dataflow analysis isn't as sophisticated.

I'm building for 32-bit here.

> Would checking in a change to make next_tvb be volatile (or even
> static, as I had it) be acceptable?

If volatile fixes the problem, that's the right fix; go ahead and
check that in.

Done, thanks.