Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] old wiretap-0.3.1.dll in Wireshark 1.0.2win32installer

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:05:10 +0100
Gerald Combs wrote:
Sake Blok wrote:

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 09:47:12AM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:

I was planning on releasing 1.1.0 and 1.0.3 once bug 2675 has been fixed.

Would it be possible to build 1.1.x with MSVC2005EE? That way people
can compile their plugins on windows with the *recommended*
compiler (see: Development Guide) and use them with the 1.1.x
releases.

Funny you should ask. I installed Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Edition on the Windows buildslave a couple of days ago, so switching
shouldn't be a problem. (I don't think Express Edition isn't adequate in
this case because it makes it difficult to create PortableApps and U3
packages.)

However, Visual Studio 2008 is out. Should we focus on making _that_ our
recommended Windows compiler instead?

+1 for VS 2008.

If at all possible can we look at replacing adns as well, as it doesn't seem to be maintained any more.  There was some discussion about it a while ago.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice