Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] old wiretap-0.3.1.dll in Wireshark 1.0.2win32installer

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 14:07:51 +0200
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 09:47:12AM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:
> I was planning on releasing 1.1.0 and 1.0.3 once bug 2675 has been fixed.

Would it be possible to build 1.1.x with MSVC2005EE? That way people
can compile their plugins on windows with the *recommended*
compiler (see: Development Guide) and use them with the 1.1.x
releases.

I for one don't have MSVC6 available and I believe one can
not download it for free...

Or are there any major issues in moving away from MSVC6?

Cheers,
    Sake