Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch to support decoding LANforge packets.

From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:08:05 -0700
Jaap Keuter wrote:
Hi Ben,

Normally we would request to open a bugreport on https://bugs.wireshark.org and attach the patch there so it won't be forgotten.

The dissector itself looks oke, only thing is that it registers for all UDP and TCP ports. Isn't is possible to register them on a port(-range)?
No, our tool can be configured to use any port. That is the main reason I added the 'magic'
header...to ensure that we could match the packets properly.

I can modify the header further if that would be of some service..but can't restrict ports.

I'll open a bug report as suggested.

Thanks,
Ben

Thanx,
Jaap

Ben Greear wrote:
LANforge is a network traffic generator that my company sells. Part of our feature set is UDP and TCP traffic generation. We have a small header followed by a payload. The
payload is normally just filler and of no special interest to users.

Attached is a patch to decode the LANforge header.  Please consider
adding this to Wireshark, and let me know if there are any suggestions
for improvement.

Thanks,
Ben