Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Using ptvcursor in a Plugin

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:27:41 -0400 (EDT)
At Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:00:58 -0400 (EDT), you wrote

>However, when I
>drop my plugin.dll file into a standard installation of wireshark (not
>built from source), the plugin does not load.
>
>Can anyone further clarify what is going on?

Also: ISTR that since "... I am writing (in Windows with VS8)..." that
"dropping my plugin.dll into a standard installation" this may not play well
since the standard Windows Wireshark is built with VC6.

I think a little web searching should find other message threads on this
topic.

----