Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] accessing field in IP header from L2TP dissector

From: "Géraud Berthomier" <geraud.berthomier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:04:49 +0200
Hello Alex Volinsky,

I think that you can have a look on the structure pinfo which have a packet-info type.

Have a look in Wireshark/epan/packet-info.h

Good luck!

Byebye.

2008/7/18 alex volinsky <alexice71@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hello everybody.
I'm adding DOCSIS DEPI dissector to Wireshark. The packet format is Ethernet/ IPv4 / L2TPv3/ DEPI.  To parse DEPI payload correctly, I need to know the packet length, which is obtained from IP header. One of the options is to set my data pointer 18 bytes back in the beginning of L2TPv3 header dissector, but I wonder if there is some function call to access a field ("ip.len")of IP dissector from another file ?

Thanks everybody

Alex Volinsky