Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SVN #25615: "Wiretap code probably shouldn't abort the appli

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:36:56 -0400
The Windows buildbot has been failing since about July 1 due to checkAPIs -g abort errors for several wiretap files.

One consequence is that the Windows Development install package is not being generated.

So: I've removed the -g abort from the wiretap makefile checkAPIs line for now so as to allow the Development Windows install package to be built (assuming no other errors).

----------------

The following 4 wiretap files appear to use g_error & etc in relation to checking for programming errors.
Q: Is the use of g_error & etc not OK in these cases ?

buffer.c: exit,g_error
etherpeek.c: g_assert
file_access.c: g_error
k12.c: g_assert

A quick look suggests that the following 3 files are using g_assert when checking for file format errors. I would guess that this code should be changed ....

ngsniffer.c: g_assert
pppdump.c: g_assert
wtap.c: g_assert