Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector - how to reject packets

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:58:20 -0700

On Jul 13, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Barnes, Pat wrote:

The application whose traffic I'm interested uses only Modbus messages
0x03 and 0x17, with register addresses above 1000. Each packet is
similar to an RPC call or response.

The mbtcp dissector claims to intrepret the entire packet, but part of
the relevant data I want to show is claimed by the dissector and not
displayed.

"Not displayed" in the sense that there's no item in the packet detail pane that, when clicked, corresponds to the relevant data, or "not displayed" in the sense that there is such an item, but it's just displayed as raw data?