Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Get COL_INFO string?

From: "David Underhill" <dgu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:13:17 -0700
col_set_fence seems to do the trick!

~ David

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 8:04 PM, David Underhill <dgu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a dissector which is calling the Ethernet dissector on part of the packet.

This causes the dissector to re-label the protocol and COL_INFO fields with the sub-packets dissection.

Ideally, what I'd like to do is prefix COL_INFO data to the stuff that gets set after I call call_dissector.  It seems like one way to this is after I call call_dissector, I could get the current string and then create a new one with my text prefix to that string with snprintf.  Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find a method which tells me what the COL_INFO is.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

~ David